Thursday 24 November 2011

Made with love


A knitted pair of baby booties, a gift for a special little one as I finally dusted off the knitting needles.  We'd had a 'falling out', they just haven't been producing things properly lately! I certainly am not  a fantastic knitter, but I do enjoy it and I've been trying to get some joy back in to my knitting, inspired by Jane Brocket's 'The Gentle Art of Knitting', http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/  Knitting should indeed be a 'gentle art' that I shouldn't use to beat myself up with because it's one more thing that I would like to do but am not really that talented at.

Crafting in general can be such a wonderfully satisfying pastime when you do create something about which you can feel proud.  There have been things I've made which I've been really pleased with.  I am so in awe of all the crafters I like to keep up to date with on blogs and in books, 'Pinterest' (http://pinterest.com/all/?category=diy_crafts) is a new find for me, it's just a pure indulgence to sit and swoon over the images on their craft section. There just aren't enough hours in the day to make all the things I would like to.  So, small 'baby steps'! I have a basket with three projects waiting to be finished, a cardi, a hat and a doll, all for my girls - my favourite kind of project.  A 'mummy-made' article, probably made with flaws, but also made with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment