Tuesday 29 November 2011

November's Gifts








"Guard me against ... the poverty of spirit that refuses to acknowledge what is daily given me."
 (Gunilla Norris)

November has been a month full of gifts just waiting for me to acknowledge them.  When I start to reflect on what they might be it doesn't take me long to compose a whole list of things for I am grateful this month.  How full and rich life seems when I 'acknowledge what is daily given me".

  • A very positive first scan of baby number three, how wonderful to hear that tiny heart beating - I will never get my head around the miracle of my body creating a new life.
  • Lots and lots of good reading, mostly fiction, there's something about this time of year that I just want to snuggle under a blanket and read.
  • The return of my crafting bug, again possibly related to the time of year as there is nothing else for me to do in the garden my interests have turned towards the indoors.  Some knitting, some sewing and lots of plans for more.
  • The first frost.  Cold, crisp and sunny days.
  • A very fun bonfire night, celebrated with neighbours.  Hot dogs for supper, a large bonfire, sparklers for the children and a few good laughs.
  • My homemade birthday cards from my girls.  Precious, precious gifts.
  • A beautiful walk on the North Downs, very peaceful.
  • A very fun day at the wildlife park with my girls and our friends.  
  • Witnessing my indoors Hyacinth bulbs starting to send out green shoots - the only thing growing right now (other than my waistline)
  • The anticipation and excitement of making plans for Christmas when we will have lots of time with family from overseas.
  • The darker nights, the PJs, the candlelight.
  • A really sweet letter, ( a real letter, handwritten and on real paper!) from my parents in law.
  • Small scale kitchen renovations, taking away cupboards so that we can gain space to entertain friends and family around our kitchen table - so very important to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment